Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Seven Days, Marvin

Seven days, Marvin. Seven days.

You have seven days to convince me that I secretly love you and don't want to replace you with that new computer the grad school will be giving me. Seven days to convince me that a new ThinkPad is no better than a 3-year-old Compaq. Seven days to start running quickly, quietly, with a functional touchpad and mouse, and not freezing, virus scanning excessively, or randomly mutating my files.

Seven days.

Seven days.

1 comment:

  1. And the new Thinkpad comes with tech support from the school, right? Or maybe that's only for med students.

    I think Marvin's going to be kicked to the curb...though personally I wouldn't put much trust in his replacement either, but he should last more than three years. :)

    ReplyDelete