Thursday, August 6, 2009

But Not Feel Scared

Face up against the glass
Lookin' at you
Is this my life I'm wonderin'
Happened so fast
How do I turn this thing around?
Is this the bed I chose to make,
As green a pasture as I'm thinkin' about?
Wide open spaces far away....

All I want is the wind in my hair
To face the fear but not feel scared.

Wild horses, I wanna be like you
Throwing caution to the wind, I'll run free too
Wish I could recklessly love like I'm longing to
I wanna run with the wild horses

I see the girl I wanna be
Riding bareback, carefree along the shore
If only that someone was me...
-Natasha Bedingfield, Wild Horses

What does freedom look like?

I've had this song running through my head lately, along with the Bible verse that says, "It is for freedom that you have been set free." I have been set free, but I'm not always sure I know what freedom means.

Freedom from fear. Freedom from trying to be good enough, and measure up, and win approval. Freedom to love recklessly, to care deeply.

It's like being given permission to dance at a wedding, but standing in a corner and wishing you had the courage to step out onto the floor, but not knowing how to dance and afraid to try.

Who would think it was so hard to be free?

I love mornings. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment