Monday, May 11, 2009

One-Year Anniversary

It's hard to believe that today is my one-year anniversary of graduating from college. (And Wednesday is the one-year anniversary of starting contra dancing...haha). 

I looked back at my first blog posts, written around this time last year. Here's what I had to say the day after graduation:

I am "homesick" for college in a very real way. I think it's natural to feel this way. I've spent four years of my life with these people, in this place. They are family to me, and it is home. 

So now I have to ask myself the questions college freshman often ask: How do I move on from here? How do I keep the memories alive without dwelling in the past and missing out on the present? These are difficult questions that not even the many miles of dark, winding interstate are sufficient to answer.

I'm still working on the answers to those questions, even now. But in some ways, this year has been the answer I was looking for.

The year has flown by. It looks different in retrospect than it looked in expectation. Mostly, that's a good thing. I've grown up a lot this year, but I still have oh so far to go. I wonder what I'll be saying looking back next year?

You wanted to start grad school? 
You thought last year had a lot of changes?

I don't know where I'll be this time next year, but I am thankful for so many unexpected blessings this year, and I am excited to see what this next year will bring. (and terrified, but we won't dwell on that part ;-). Here's one for the road!)

No comments:

Post a Comment