Monday, August 4, 2008

Grad School Schedule

Well, as autumn rolls around, I intend not to make the same mistake I made last year, i.e. waiting until December to make up my mind about grad school applications. This year, I will be on the ball. Here's my current attempt at a schedule for myself.

August
-study for English GRE subject test
-research grad schools and narrow list to 5-6
-contact professors at top schools

September
-study for GRE subject test
-register for GRE subject test
-take GRE subject test
-begin writing personal statements for schools

October
-contact and line up references
-finalize resume
-finish personal statements
-revise and proofread writing sample
-request transcripts
-request GRE scores

November
-collect, compile, and send applications

We'll see how well I stick to the schedule. Along the way, I also intend to begin my study of Italian, possibly refresh my study of Latin, and continue to advance my study of French. Once I settle on a location for this upcoming year, I hope to take a few classes at a community college to work on my language skills.

Fingers crossed for a better outcome this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment