Monday, November 21, 2011

Making a list, checking it concurrently

Sometimes, getting through Monday involves a little creative finagling of productivity tools.

Rather than making a checklist, I'm making a list of all the things I have already accomplished this morning.

Today, I:
  • Heard the alarm clock.
  • Got out of bed.
  • Made the bed.
  • Did something with my hair.
  • Cleaned my room, including the stack of birthday cards on the dresser.
  • Paid bills.
  • Killed a cricket that jumped from the closet ONTO MY FOOT.
  • Ate breakfast.
  • Sent an email.
  • Opened the blinds in the house.
  • Watered my plant.
  • Washed dishes.
  • Gathered laundry to wash.
  • Made a revised budget.
Not bad!

(The things I have not accomplished are on another list, one that has a far less cheering effect.)

No comments:

Post a Comment