Sunday, December 26, 2010

After-Christmas Eye Strain

One word: SNOW!!!!

Eleven words: I have not watched this many movies in a long time.

White Christmas (check!)
Miracle on 34th Street
It's a Wonderful Life
A Christmas Carol (Alistair Sims)
A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stuart)
Prince Caspian
Star Wars: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Ben-Hur

Whew.

I'm still not sure how Star Wars qualifies as Christmassy. Perhaps the abominable snowman in Ep. 5? It's a stretch, George, it's a stretch.

Then again, I did spend part of Christmas Day reading Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book. I guess we're even.

Now tackling writer's block with Return of the King, ginger peach tea, and turkey pie. And apple cake.

This is going to require a lot of frisbee and dancing next week...

2 comments:

  1. Over in east TN, I don't think I've played this many hours of continuous video games in a long time...if ever. I might go on a limb and hit ever. Tif got a Wii for Christmas and we've been in the process of wearing it out. We spent Sunday evening into the wee hours ofMonday morning and restarted Monday morning (after sleep..we got delirious with laughter and had to stop). We finished the game in maybe 10 or 12 hours between the four of us. Its good to have time to relax. I finished a murder mystery today too. The guilt is going to start hitting me hard tomorrow ..but til then I'm going to keep having fun. I'm glad you're having a good break. How's your prospectus (or is that part of the writer's block)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's part of the writer's block... :-)

    ReplyDelete